Tuesday, March 13, 2018

me time

I often have a lot of me time, but recently I've had more than usual.

Satoshi has been helping with a little league tournament, and he's had drinking thingies with various school baseball alumni so he's been MIA many weeknights and the past two weekends.

Anyway, since the ume was blooming at Hattori Ryokuchi, I decided to check it out on Saturday.

Finding where the ume was blooming in the park was tricky as the map of the park does not specifically indicate "ume forest" or anything like that.

So I was walking towards the Japanese garden where I thought it might be but stumbled upon the trees in their "round flower bed" area....

Click on this photo to see the short video.

It was definitely nice to get out and about.

Especially since we've had dreary rainy weather and the temps dropped back down to single digits.

Even with the sun out, the wind was still very icy.

The weather dude says that we will have warmer "almost summer-like" temps next week...which I hope he is wrong because the sakura (cherry blossoms) will start blooming and then we really will nose dive into summer...

Lunch was at Zenigata.

The only thing I order here is their keema curry udon.

I forgot how spicy it was...and it is still delicious.

Almost halfway through March...too fast!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

such beautiful flowers! Maybe I should plan a trip early March since I've never been when the ume are blooming. I also actually envy you that you have a lot of "me time." I think, how cool to go exploring by yourself and eat what and when you want. Sounds like THE LIFE to me!! :)
v

K and S said...

it does get lonely sometimes V, but I love my life...I definitely could not work in an office anymore! :)

Take care.
Kat

Kalin's Mommy said...

Pics are so pretty!

"Me time" is good! I enjoy "me time" every Friday, hehe. Come to think about it, Les, Jalna and I all had Fridays off!

Mich

Rowena said...

maybe you can accompany Satoshi one day (sounds like it would make an interesting post), but I gotta tell you that I'm envious of your me time as well. hmmm...it is just too bad that your living situation won't allow you to keep a cat or small dog!

KirkK said...

Love the photos Kat!

jalna said...

Beautiful flower photos! I have a lot of "me time", and I love it! LOL.

K and S said...

yeah I remember meeting up with you guys on one of your Fridays, Mich :)

Even if our building allowed them, Satoshi would never allow a pet Rowena, for fear of him (Satoshi) being ignored :)


glad you enjoyed them Kirk :)

Have been enjoying your art Jalna!

Take care everyone.
Kat