Saturday, February 24, 2018

kyu yamu tetsudo

It had been awhile since I had eaten at Kyu Yamutei.

They have since expanded and now even have a shop in Tokyo.

Anyway, this particular shop's interior is the inside of a train car.

They have 3 choices...aigake (choose two of their 4 curries), triple (choose three), all (all 4 curries).

I chose the aigake.

The curries I chose were the pork keema with bacon chutney and the chicken keema with hijiki soymilk achaar.

During the weekdays, you can also receive one of the two soups to add to your curry to change up the flavors.

On this day, it was a japanese stock or thai curry, and I chose the thai curry.

Choose your rice...brown or turmeric...I chose turmeric.

Everything was good on its own and nice mixed together.

I don't often get to the area where Kyu Yamutei is these days so I am glad I can get my fix in Umeda.

I'll be back.

Kyu Yamu Tetsudo
Lucua 1100 B1F
Umeda, Osaka
Phone: 06.6151.1544
Hours: 11:00-24:00
Closed when Lucua 1100 is.

5 comments:

jalna said...

Landon would loooooove to try this place.

K and S said...

Jalna, so many curry places to try in Osaka!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That looks good Kat!

Rowena said...

turmeric rice...something new to my ears, and the soy milk achaar is like the Malaysian pickles?

K and S said...

it was nice Kirk :)

before there was saffron rice on most curry menus, Rowena, but I guess turmeric is trending now. achaar in general is a type of pickle/condiment if I am not mistaken.

Take care you two.
Kat