Tuesday, September 05, 2017

moku kitchen

Got to spend my last day in Hawaii with Gaye lunching at Moku Kitchen.

This shop is related to Monkey Pod Kitchen.

Moku Kitchen is located in the SALT at Kaka'ako complex. The parking structure is so narrow and I wasn't familiar on how to get to the restaurant from the parking structure, so instead of pressing 1R, I pressed 1 (I think they should put something in the elevator, or if they did have something, it wasn't noticeable) and ended up walking all the way around the buildings...

Anyway...we shared this Beet Salad...love beets & goats cheese....

Garlic Truffle Fries

Szechuan Stir Fry Green Beans with Mac nuts...oyster sauce, garlic, chili and ginger...I want to re-create this and Gaye also shared how she makes this at home too (thank you!).

Pulled Pork Sandwich...

Everything was delicious and it was nice that we went when they first opened so we could chat because by the time we left they were packed and noisy!

Gaye also gave me all these goodies...granola, coconut chips, some items from bath and body works and a handmade spray.

It was nice catching up with her and I'm glad we've been able to keep in touch over the years.

I hope to bring Satoshi to check out this complex the next time we are back.

Thanks for lunch and spending time with me Gaye!

Moku Kitchen
SALT at Kaka'ako
660 Ala Moana Boulevard
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.591.6658
Hours: 11:00-23:00

5 comments:

KirkK said...

Looks like some good eating Kat!

jalna said...

Interesting food! But me and narrow places don't get along so it would have to be street parking for me. Good to know.

K and S said...

it was Kirk, and the company was just as good :)

had to back up several times to let others up, Jalna :O

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I hope that where you wrote "the next time we are back" won't be too long of a wait! I joked to our neighbor when he asked us when we were flying to Hawaii again...I said 10 years! the flight is just so damn long!

K and S said...

hopefully next year, Rowena :) 10 years is long but I am sure that flight is dreadful too!

Take care!
Kat