Thursday, July 27, 2017

cafe ria ria

Yesterday I got to meet up with Midori and Naomi.

It had been 4 years since the last time I had met up with Midori and many many moons since I had met up with Naomi.

We met up at a little cafe called Cafe Ria Ria.

The owner is a friend of Midori's.

She grows most of the veggies that she uses.

Our lunch had all sorts of different flavors...and also came with some grilled eggplant soup and brown rice...1500 yen (tax included).

Dessert was a melon shortcake.

In Japan, shortcake is a layered cake with fruit--different from the shortcake found in the States, which I think is made from biscuits.

The melon had just been picked that morning.

Lunch also came with a beverage...Naomi & I chose seasonal fruit sodas (kiwi and ume respectively) and Midori tried a sea buckthorn drink (which looked like coffee with lots of milk in it...she said it was very different, a bit sour).

The food was delicious and I liked the laid back feel to the cafe.

It was nice to get together and hopefully our schedules will jive to meet up again later this year.

Thanks Midori & Naomi!

Cafe Ria Ria
1-2-7 Kasumigaoka
Tarumi, Hyogo
Phone: 078.771.0863
Hours: 9:00-18:00
Closed Mondays

6 comments:

jalna said...

I like the personalized greetings on the dessert plates. Very cool!

K and S said...

too bad this cafe is quite far from where we live, Jalna, otherwise I'm sure we'd be there a lot :)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

I've never seen green melon like that (at first I thought it was kiwi). somebody ought to start growing the green type over here.

K and S said...

I hope someone on your side will start growing this type of melon Rowena, or maybe you might be able to find seeds?!

Take care !
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice, farm to table!

K and S said...

indeed Kirk :)

Take care!
Kat