Thursday, March 30, 2017

kochujang "sausage"

After seeing Jalna's post on Kochujang "sausage", I had to try.

It was a nice way to use the surplus of kochujang I have in my fridge.

Don't you hate it when you think you don't have something (like kochujang)...buy some, only to find out you already have some in your fridge...grr!

Here's the recipe:
Korean Kochujang Sausage : Courtesy Glenn Shinsato

2 pounds ground pork
1/2 cup kochujang sauce
6 tablespoons garlic powder
1 ounce honey
1/4 cup soy sauce
1 large egg
1/4 cup fruit jam
Won bok kim chee, chopped (optional)

Combine ingredients and mix until sticky.
Shape into 4-inch patties about 3/4-inch thick.
Heat oil in pan and fry patties.


NOTES: this is super easy and got a thumbs up from Satoshi.

Anyway, I cut this recipe to 1/4 and left out the egg since I was gonna stir-fry it.

Cook on medium-low heat or it will burn because of the honey in there.

The mixture turns red, so it is also hard to tell when everything is cooked.

The recipe calls for fruit jam, Jalna said that her husband used an ume jam, since I didn't have any, I used some ume paste.

Also, instead of mixing in the kim chee, I served the kim chee on the side.

Next time I cook this I am gonna put everything on a paper towel to soak up some of the oil.

This was delicious, Jalna, thanks for sharing!

1 comment:

jalna said...

Awwww, you're welcome! I'm glad it came out!