Monday, July 25, 2016

sophie's gourmet pizza

Got to meet up with Jalna, Mich and her son for lunch on Friday.

Jalna's pizza was 1/2 pesto and 1/2 herb olive oil sauce, mozzarella/parmesan cheese, artichoke hearts, bacon, spinach, spicy chicken sausage and garlic toppings...total garlic breath afterwards, but super delicious!

Mich's son had created his own and it looked ono (delicious!)

I chose the Hawaii Pie-O : original crust, zesty sriracha red sauce, mozzarella, salami, char siu, portuguese sausage, pepperoni, topped with fresh cilantro and cilantro aioli. This was good too! Not overly spicy.

Jalna was so nice to share with me a bag of Taro Ko chips, homemade UH bag (nice!) and also a Hello Kitty charm!

Mich shared some Regal Foods' cornflake cookies, homemade mango bread (so good!), some BBQ chips and a mango from her tree!

It was so nice to meet Mich's son and also to catch up with Jalna and Mich.

Thanks Mich for treating us to lunch! I'll buy lunch next time!

Sophie's Gourmet Pizza
Koko Marina Shopping Center
7192 Kalanianaole Highway (next to Zippy's)
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone:808.892.4121
Open everyday: 11:00-20:30

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did Jalna 'seize up' when ordering LOL Glad you guys had a great time. Jalna and her kind heart with omiyage. -N

K and S said...

N, she didn't "seize up"...lol. Jalna & Mich are super kind!

Take care.
Kat

Kalin's Mommy said...

Your welcome Kat! Kalin really enjoyed making his own pizza too! The mango fruit was from my husband's working place, someone has a tree and brought a lot to work to share. I hope you can try it before you return to Japan. Thanks for the goody bag too, I haven't tried the furikake yet, but my MIL has and she loves it...I need to be brave and try it (I can't read Japanese, but my MIL said it has NATTO in it. :) See you next year! Mich

K and S said...

Mich, There isn't natto in there, soy beans but not natto...don't let your MIL eat it all:) I put the mango in a bag with a banana, hope it ripens soon:)

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

Kat, that was so good fun catching up. I hope I remember everything you said and don't ask you the same questions next year. I'll tell Mich to kick me under the table if I do. And BTW, howdahell did you remember all the items in my pizza anyway? The FBI and CIA totally missed the boat, man.

N, I did pressure out little bit, but maybe Kat didn't notice. I couldn't decide on my 4th and 5th items and was going, "Um um um um . . . " LOL.

Mich, I think it has yakiniku meat in it, that's why it's so ono!! It's the one CQ's parents brought back from Japan a few months ago. You shoulda seen Landon's face light up when he saw the package again.

K and S said...

Jalna, I figured you made your pizza like the one you ate the first time, so I copied it from your blog:p Hope Landon liked the furikake:)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice looking pizza Kat!

K and S said...

it was really good Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum, the pizza looks great!

K and S said...

it was really good K!

Take care.
Kat