Wednesday, July 20, 2016

shirokiya japan village walk & musubi iyasume

Yesterday, I got to meet up with Gaye and her daughter for lunch at the new Shirokiya.

They've moved from their original spot to the new Ewa (west) wing, where Sears used to be.

The space is made to look like a retro-Japanese village...and is actually a huge food court! I think there are close to 60 kiosk eatery stalls (not all filled yet) and supposedly seating for about 900?! (according to their website)

Anyway, let's just say you could get lost in there (we did!)

Lunch was from Musubi Iyasume.

Jalna wrote about this shop on her blog, here.

I tried their bacon, egg, avocado and spam musubi and their fried chicken stick...both were good!

It was nice that there was a lot of seating.

I hear that in the evenings this place fills up! especially with the $1 beers.

It was nice catching up with Gaye and checking out the new Shirokiya.

Thank you for lunch Gaye!

I hope to bring Satoshi here soon.

Shirokiya Japan Village Walk
Ewa Wing, Ala Moana Shopping Center
Honolulu, Hawaii
Hours: 10:00-22:00 (2nd and 4th Sundays 10:00-21:00)
Closed when the shopping center is

Musubi Iyasume
inside Shirokiya Japan Village Walk

5 comments:

KirkK said...

Very nice Kat! I was wondering about this place.

K and S said...

I hope you and the Missus get to check this out Kirk, would love to hear what you think of the place :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Ooh this looks great!

jalna said...

LOL, I was wondering why my old Iyasume post was getting hit again. Now I know!

K and S said...

it was K!

lol Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat