Thursday, July 21, 2016

pierre marcolini

Also in the Ewa Wing of Ala Moana are upscale shops and some cafés/eateries.

I went to check out Pierre Marcolini on the third floor.

Apparently, this shop is the only one in the U.S.

Since it has been quite warm and humid, instead of chocolates I decided to try their macarons...$3.80 a piece! (plus tax)

Palet Or Fondant (caramel ganache with dark chocolate)...super rich caramel!

Pistache (white chocolate ganache with pistachio)...nice!

These were very pricey! but very delicious.

They had other items on their take-out menu like their cacao bowl and soft serve, which I wouldn't mind trying.

I'll be back.

Pierre Marcolini
Ewa Wing, 3rd floor
Ala Moana Shopping Center
Phone: 808.951.0456
Hours: Mondays to Saturdays 9:30-21:00, Sundays 10:00-19:00
Closed when the shopping center is

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are really pricey (and small) Macaron! Have you had Laduree Macaron? If so, how do they compare? Sounds like you're having a great visit!

~Alan

K said...

Pretty macarons!

Rowena said...

cough, cough, hack, cough - 3.80 a piece?!?! I did not get to visit his shop when we were in Belgium, but if we ever go back, I'll have some treats for you.

KirkK said...

Nice Kat! We went to Pierre Marcolini in Brussels which looked more like a jewelry shop.

Anonymous said...

Why are the macarons so expensive?

K and S said...

I have had Laduree, Alan, but prefer Pierre Herme :)

indeed K!

I hope to get back to Belgium, Rowena, to check out all sorts of chocolate shops :)

I agree the one in Hawaii was like a jewelry shop too, Kirk :)

most macaron I have seen aren't this expensive, Anon, though if the ganache they are using are high end chocolates, it might explain why.

Take care everyone!
Kat

Honolulu Aunty said...

We were at Zippy's eating sushi (Kahala store) and a VERY talkative young lady with a much older gentleman was engrossed in a conversation with us - dunno why, but she wanted to talk and talk with us, so we had to listen. Actually, she was very nice and loved to share her knowledge of food, shopping, and cooking.
So she went to the bakery at Zippy's and bought some macarons, saying that she wants to be able to make macorons as good as Zippy's. I don't really care for macarons, BUT, those were really excellent! I had the pistachio one - it was light and fluffy and not too sweet. Very very nice!
If you are still in town, please give those a try.

K and S said...

I didn't know Zippy's sold macaron, Honolulu Aunty, hope to try them soon!

Take care.
Kat