Tuesday, July 12, 2016

earl

Last Thursday, I met up with my friend, Len for lunch at Earl in Kaimuki.

This sandwich shop is teeny and when they get busy, be prepared to wait for your order.

Len ordered their Pork Belly Marinara (crispy pork belly, cheese, marinara, I think there were other items in his sandwich but I forgot to write them down)...it was huge! but he said it was delicious (and filling!)

I ordered the Turkey Bacon Jam Sam (turkey salad, basil mayo, bacon jam, homemade pickle, arugula & tomato)...on this day they were using spinach instead of arugula.

This was so good! now, I have to try making bacon jam...

It is always nice to catch up with Len.

I'll be back to try other sandwiches.

Thanks for lunch Len!

On my ride home, I picked up a nitro cold brew from The Curb in Kaimuki, it had been awhile since I had been back. I really enjoyed this as it was quite hot that day.

Earl
1137 11th Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone:808.200.4354
Closed Mondays
Hours:10:00-16:00

7 comments:

KirkK said...

You sure are doing a grand tour of Kaimuki Kat!

Anonymous said...

There are two really good recipes for bacon jam on Martha Stewart's web site. I tried both and they are very good.

jalna said...

How come I never heard of Earl? Looks good!!

K and S said...

lol Kirk :)

Thanks Anon, will check them out.

Take care you two.
Kat

K and S said...

if you get a chance to check them out, I hope you like it Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum, sounds delicious!

K and S said...

it really was K!

Take care.
Kat