Monday, May 16, 2016

saturday

Since I usually wait while Satoshi attends his German class, I usually have a late breakfast and then I usually run errands.

This past Saturday, I had wanted to re-visit Talo Coffee to try their breakfast, so I headed to Tsuruhashi...only to find they were closed...boo!

I grabbed a curry pan at Cocoro, which is a couple doors down from Talo Coffee and ate it in the park across the street.

Then I walked to Namba and remembered I was near Westwood Bakers, so I stopped in for some iced coffee and an almond chocolate doughnut.

While their doughnut was good, their coffee was just so-so (what can I say?! I'm a coffee snob)

Satoshi and I met at Utsubo Park and had lunch at South Swell.

Instead of a burger, I tried their chili dog. The bun seemed to be nuked because it got quite gummy after the first couple of minutes...boo!

The sausage had a nice snap and the chili could've been spicier.

After lunch we went to check out the roses at Utsubo Park.

There were so many people that it was hard to enjoy the roses.

We then walked to Nakanoshima Park to see their roses.

It was so hot that many people were huddled under what shade they could find.

Summer is definitely coming.

6 comments:

jalna said...

Ack! It was hot hot hot the last few days here too.

K and S said...

eew Jalna :p hope the tradewinds came back for you guys!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Gummy buns....not good....

K and S said...

toasting would've solved the problem (I think) Kirk.

Take care.
Kat

K said...

The doughnut looks good at least!

K and S said...

at least K!

Take care.
Kat