Thursday, March 17, 2016

lever du soleil

After that meh pasta lunch, it got me to thinking...

"why was it so expensive?"

In Osaka, usually when you order something à la carte, the price is usually under 1000 yen.

I looked online this morning and realized they had overcharged me!

The price they had charged me had included their salad bar and a beverage (coffee, tea, or juice)...

I told Satoshi about it and he said that even if we complained, it would be a waste of a round-trip bus fare to go and get them to return my money.

I am usually good about recognizing when I'm over charged but I guess I wasn't paying attention...grr!

Oh well, lesson learned...but I am still kicking myself for not noticing until this morning.

Will end this post on a good note...

My main reason for going to Onohara yesterday was to try Lever du Soleil which opened recently.

The bakers from Boulangerie Antibes have teamed up with this bakery now.

This morning we tried their curry pan (similar to the curry pan at Antibes with walnuts in the bread), tomato spinach quiche and yuzu shio (citron salt) pan.

Everything was delicious, especially the yuzu shio pan, crisp outside and a flaky soft inside with lots of yuzu salt flavor.

If I can get back out this way, I hope to stop in at this bakery again.

Lever du Soleil
3-9-43 Onohara-higashi
Phone: 072.726.6066
Closed Tuesdays
Hours: 8:00-18:30

7 comments:

jalna said...

Looks good!!! Bummahs about being overcharged and not catching it.

K and S said...

The breads were delicious Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I know there has been a couple of times where I realized an overcharge only after the fact - at home. Always makes me feel like a dodohead.

K and S said...

Rowena, hate that feeling:0

Take care:)
Kat

KirkK said...

Lousy and over-charged.....time to write that place off!

K said...

Sorry about being overcharged, such a bummer! Those breads look great though!

K and S said...

definitely Kirk, this bakery on the other hand is a keeper :)

These baked items were definitely good K!

Take care you two.
Kat