Monday, January 11, 2016

daily stuff

Today is a holiday, Coming of Age day, celebrating all those turning 20.

This morning's sunrise was beautiful, too bad this picture doesn't do it justice.

Awhile back, Satoshi brought back this can of Tulip luncheon meat from Okinawa.

I decided to try it as "spam musubi".

Well, while trying to open the can with that key thingy, it broke off...I ended up mcgyver-ing the can with some flat nose pliers and a screwdriver.

The width of the luncheon meat was a little smaller than Spam.

I also noticed that Tulip puts coriander and mace into their luncheon meat.

This morning when we had it as "spam musubi", it did taste different from the Spam I grew up with.

Hope you have a nice week.

7 comments:

KirkK said...

That is a pretty sunrise Kat.

K and S said...

it really was Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

so does turning 20 in Japan equal to what turning 21 is in America? (old enough to buy alcohol)

jalna said...

Sorry, but I had to laugh picturing you trying to open that can. Happened to me once too.

K and S said...

yes it does Rowena, they also changed the voting age to 18, so we'll see how that flies during their next election.

no worries, Jalna :) I'm glad I made you laugh!

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

I'm glad you were able to open up the can!

K and S said...

me too K!

Take care.
Kat