Thursday, January 14, 2016

baked luncheon meat

With the rest of the can of luncheon meat, I baked it in the oven and topped it with some guava jelly and grainy mustard.

It has been ages since I've eaten luncheon meat this way.

My mom used to make this for our dinner every once in awhile.

I am pretty sure we had this as school lunch as well...

Except their version had a sweet sour pineapple sauce.

Anyway, for dinner last night, I re-created a "school lunch"...baked luncheon meat, japanese cole slaw, rice, coconut cookies and some milk.

Good memories.

6 comments:

jalna said...

I wanna click on "like". Gonna go check facebook now.

K and S said...

Jalna, you so funny...they also added "love" now on FB too :)

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

Wait . . . "love"??? Hahahaha!!

KirkK said...

Wow, I haven't had canned luncheon meat in ages; reminds me of grabbing meals at lunch wagons; they never had Spam.....always the canned stuff whose name rhymed with "feet" (Treet)..... ;o)

K said...

School lunch - love the idea!

K and S said...

yeah if you hold the "like" button down for a second or two, all these other choices pop up and you can "love" something, Jalna :)

Kirk, ah..lunch wagon days :)

Take care you two.
Kat