Thursday, December 24, 2015

stollen

Have been getting my fill of stollen this year.

First, Starbucks' version was more like a poundcake filled with nuts and dried fruits.

And then we tried Takibi Bakery's version, which has marzipan in the middle.

I loved all the whole pieces of nuts and fruits in it.

This version had a fondant like "glaze" over it, most places I've tried in Japan have powdered sugar on theirs.

I've never had an authentic version, but think this one may be very close.

Tomorrow is Christmas, may Santa bring everything you are hoping for.

7 comments:

K said...

I wish Starbucks in the US carried all of the fun items they serve in other locations!

Anonymous said...

As a German the powdered sugar stollen is definitely more traditional than a glaze.

:)

K and S said...

so true K, would love to see what other countries have :)

Thanks for setting the record straight Anon :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Joanna said...

I agree with K - wish Starbucks in Canada had items served in other countries ! I suppose they match them to each countries likes and dislikes .

Enjoy your Christmas Kat ! Hope you have a nice and peaceful day !

Joanna

K and S said...

Thanks Joanna, hope you enjoy your trip to Osaka!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Santa is footing the bill for round-trip tickets for 2 to Hawaii next year, so we got our wish. unfortunately he also said that I don't have enough space in my house so I didn't get another puppy :P - thank you for the xmas postcard greeting!

K and S said...

boo about the puppy but whoo hoo about Hawaii, Rowena :) glad the card made it safely!

Take care.
Kat