Friday, December 25, 2015

playing with your food

If you've ever travelled to Japan, you may or may not know that the potato salad here is more like mashed potatoes.

I'm not sure why this is but I have found a new way to put potato salad out on your table for Christmas parties.

All you need is some potato salad, some lettuce and stars cut out of carrots or yellow bell peppers.

Just layer the potato salad between leaves of lettuce, top with a carrot (I used light yellow carrots) or yellow bell pepper star and voila!

You'll have a Christmas tree...fun, yeah?!

When I saw this being done on tv, I wasn't sure as to how big the pieces of lettuce should be, so my leaves were quite large.

I made individual "trees", but think that if you break your lettuce up into smaller bite sized pieces it will be easier to make your potato salad tree.

If you do try this out, let me know what you think.

Merry Christmas everyone!

4 comments:

Rowena said...

Merry Xmas to you both, and thank you for sharing this cute holiday recipe. I may pinch the idea of the star cut-outs to decorate a russian herring and vegetable salad for the last dinner of the year.

K and S said...

ooh sounds delicious, Rowena :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hope you had a great Christmas Kat!

K and S said...

thanks Kirk, hope you and the Missus had a nice Christmas too:)

Take care!
Kat