Tuesday, April 21, 2015

kukuruza popcorn

Seattle popcorn maker, Kukuruza, opened a shop in Osaka late March. (don't you love their name?! I do. Apparently it means "corn" in Russian.)

They sell 9 different flavors and one flavor of the month.

The flavor for April is Cashew Caramel (shown above).

This past Saturday, I was in Umeda a little earlier than usual, so I queued up for this popcorn.

Not knowing what to expect since I was the first in line, I entered the store and proceeded to give them my order.

Little did I know that I was at the "tasting" area, and was directed to the register area for my purchases.

I like that the cashew caramel has a nice ratio of nuts to popcorn.

We also tried the Buffalo & Bleu Cheese...this one was created to resemble Buffalo Wings.

The bleu cheese is tangy. Not spicy. This popcorn is mixed with caramel corn. The sweet-salty combo was our favorite.

I'll be back.

Kukuruza Popcorn (UPDATE: 3/2017 they closed this location)
Lucua B1
Umeda, Osaka
Phone: 06.6151.1144
Hours: 10:00-21:00
Open when Lucua is

4 comments:

K said...

It's so funny - the Seattle shop is fairly popular, but there's another shop in Bellevue (suburbs) in a mall that is almost always empty. I never knew it was so popular until I heard it was in Japan, haha!

K and S said...

That is funny K!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

One of my guilty pleasures...I need to stop looknig at these photos.

K and S said...

didn't know you liked popcorn Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat