Monday, December 29, 2014

10 photos

I started doing "10 photos" back in 2008 as a meme.

Nowadays, I do it as a way to look back on the different first experiences I've had in the kitchen over the year.

Making char siu from scratch was fun and close to what I grew up with in Hawaii (without all the red dye).

A re-creation of Off the Wall's shoyu pork pasta was delicious!

Kodomo yoshoku is great with beer and super easy to make!

Cabbage Mochi was another easy dish that goes great with beer!

Roca's kiriboshi daikon mustard salad changed my impression of kiriboshi daikon.

Shoyu Butter Corn Yakionigiri, a brilliant recipe from one of our favorite shows "Sarameshi".

My first book review lead me to try the author's recipe for Glazed Acorn Squash. This is perfect for the holidays!

This colorful salad has lots of bright flavor, like the "sun"

Did you have a favorite that wasn't listed? Tell me about it in the comments.

3 comments:

KirkK said...

Nice collection Kat!

K said...

Yum, everything looks great!

K and S said...

Thank you K!

Take care:)
Kat