Sunday, November 02, 2014

halloween eats

What did you do on Halloween? Satoshi had plans, so I partied alone...

I "made" myself some scary sushi...I got the idea from a commercial for sushi vinegar. Their version was jack o'lanterns.

I bought the sushi from the market and just added the "scary" eyes and mouths. I made jack o'lanterns with salmon and ghosts with ika (squid).

I made some guacamole. I didn't have jalapenos so I just sprinkled some of that habanero salt that Kirk gave us...so good!

I munched on some Pop popcorn in their Rogue Blue (cheese) flavor...really cheesy and quite piquant.

For dessert I had a mont blanc which had purple sweet potato and pumpkin puree in place of the chestnut topping.

And for something to drink, this white beer by Baladin, an Italian maker. Super citrusy.

Hope you had a nice, safe Halloween.

7 comments:

Kozue said...

Wonderful... it's easy to make sushi jack o'lanterns!

KirkK said...

I'm glad you're finding some use for those salts Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kozue :)

Thanks again Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I am gonna check youtube for that commercial!

K and S said...

I found um for you Rowena...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI8SiDcLXoI

Take care.
Kat

Angie said...

LOL your scary sushi is HILARIOUS!

K and S said...

glad you enjoyed these Angie :)

Take care.
Kat