Tuesday, October 21, 2014

curry mustard sweet potato salad

Super easy recipe inspired by a similar salad that I had while eating at add:painduce.

Steam a sweet potato until it is soft but not mushy.

Make the dressing while you are waiting for the sweet potato to cook...

1/2 teaspoon of curry powder
1 teaspoon of grainy mustard
some mayo (about 1 tablespoon)

After the sweet potato is cooked, cut it into cubes while it is still hot (be careful!)
Drizzle 1/2 tablespoon of vinegar over the cubes and let the sweet potato cool a bit.

Then mix the sweet potato with the dressing and chill before serving.

NOTES: my curry powder had salt in it, so I didn't add any more. This was really easy and tasty...I'm making this again.

6 comments:

Rowena said...

I love the variety of your potatoes there.

K and S said...

Jalna, different yeah?!

me too Rowena :)

it was K :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Anonymous said...

I love sweet potatoes and am always looking for different ways to prepare them. I'll definitely try this out. :-)

K and S said...

I hope you like this Paz :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Nice recipe Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat