Saturday, July 26, 2014

the pig & the lady

Met up with my Flickr friend, Rex.

His photography is currently being shown at The Pig & the Lady in Chinatown.

I had wanted to check out their food there and also check out his show, so this meet up was perfect.

Rex ordered their weekly Banh Mi, which I think was a beef carpaccio.

I went with their Le Saigon Banh Mi--pork belly, ham, chicken liver pate, pickles, roast pork drippings...this sandwich was huge!

Sweet, salty, a little puckery & spicy.

All sandwiches come with an herb salad and either shrimp chips or their pho broth.

I had chosen broth, but I guess our waiter didn't hear me...(insert pouty face) so they served me shrimp chips.

Which was still delicious...

His photos titled "Rides" are up until the beginning of August or so, so if you have a chance to check them out, please do so.

My favorite shot is this one

Thanks Rex for a great lunch, it was nice catching up with you.

I'll be back!

The Pig and the Lady
83 North King Street (Pacific Gateway Center Building)
Honolulu, Hawaii
LUNCH:
Monday-Friday: 10:30-14:00
Saturday (Brunch menu): 10:00-14:00
DINNER:
Tuesday-Thursday: 17:30-21:30
Friday-Saturday: 17:30-23:00
Phone: 808.585.8255

9 comments:

KirkK said...

We're definitely going here when we get back "home".

jalna said...

The sandwiches look so good, but I got one small mouth. I think I would have to cut it into bite-size pieces.

Rowena said...

Those sandwiches look mighty huge!

CAB said...

The Banh Mi sandwiches look delicious! I'm adding this to my "must eat" list. Dang, now I'm craving for Banh Mi.

K and S said...

I hope it doesn't disappoint, Kirk!

I hope you get to try this Jalna!

They were Rowena!

Cool CAB, I hope you get a banh mi to tide you over :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

Dennis K. said...

That banh mi is massive! Looks great!

K and S said...

it was nice Dennis!

it was K :)

Take care you two!
Kat

G said...

That's my favorite place for casual dining. They have a great Pho French Dip and my personal favorite, Bo La Lot Burger. They also started, a few months back, a "pig primal cut" dinner service where you can order a whole roasted primal cut (head, leg, belly, etc. . .) with sides that will feed 4-6. It's amazing.

K and S said...

Everything you mentioned G sounds amazing!

Take care.
Kat