Wednesday, July 30, 2014

scratch kitchen & bake shop

While Rex and I were having lunch, he was telling me about his architect friend that had designed and had just opened Scratch Kitchen & Bake Shop.

He mentioned that everything he had there was good, especially the bacon chocolate chip cookies.

On the way home after lunch, I had stopped in to see if they still had these cookies, but they were all sold out.

So, while on the way to an appointment, on another day, and while riding the bus, I stopped off, picked up some cookies, then hopped back on the bus and was off to my appointment.

3 cookies for $4 plus tax. The guy working there mentioned if I was going to eat them later, I should warm them up in the toaster.

So, the next morning, that is what I did.

They are the chewy type. I think it could've used a tad more bacon, but overall I enjoyed these.

I hope to go back there to try their brunch or lunch...I'll be back!

Scratch Kitchen & Bake Shop (UPDATE: 2019 this location no longer in business)
1030 Smith Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone:808.536.1669
Day: Tuesday-Sunday 8:30-14:30
Nite: Thursday-Saturday 17:30-21:30

5 comments:

Kalin's Mommy said...

Ooooh...we love bacon...hope to try them soon!

Rowena said...

Love the idea of pork and chocolate together. And cute name for the bakery!

K and S said...

I hope you like them, Mich :)

me too Rowena :)

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Yum, looks delicious!

K and S said...

they were K :)

Take care!
Kat