Saturday, October 26, 2013

marinated mushrooms

It's kinoko (mushroom) season here, so there are many different types in the market these days.

I found this super easy recipe in one of my Mom's cookbooks, "Moosewood Daily Special".
Serves 4

1.5 cups sliced mushrooms
1 tablespoon vegetable or canola oil
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon cider vinegar
1 teaspoon minced fresh tarragon or dill
1/2 teaspoon salt
dash of ground black pepper

Combine everything, coat well and let sit for 15 minutes before chilling
.

NOTES: I used maitake (hen of the woods). I also used all olive oil. I didn't have cider vinegar so I used white wine vinegar. I also used 1/2 teaspoon of dried dill. I omitted the salt and put in several grinds of black pepper.

This was so easy, I'm definitely making this again.

2 comments:

bluang3lbby said...

Will definitely have to try this out. Wanted to make sure y'all are ok. Saw the news about another earthquake in Japan. Praying for your safety.

K and S said...

Thanks bluang3lbby, had no idea there was an earthquake. Hope you like this recipe.

Take care.
Kat