Friday, October 25, 2013

carboncino

We recently tried this cheese called Carboncino.

It is an Italian soft cheese made from the milk from cows, sheep & goats.

The outside is coated with an edible vegetable ash.

I really liked the creaminess of this cheese. It reminded me of butter.

This cheese really went nicely with a glass of Bordeaux by Chateau Campet.

It's Friday. A typhoon is passing by as I type this and we are expecting lots of rain today and tomorrow.

Hope you have a nice weekend!

6 comments:

Rowena said...

I love cheese that are coated in vegetable ash -- something about the black/white combo (together with a glass of red) that always makes me say buy! buy!

Keep safe on the rainy weekend. Two more months til xmas!!!

K and S said...

I actually didn't know about the edible ash until I looked up the cheese Rowena ;) hope you enjoy your weekend!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hope you stay dry Kat.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I hope you are doing ok with all the rain!

K and S said...

doing fine K :)

Take care.
Kat