Monday, July 29, 2013

on the lanai

The other week, I went to the DIY center to pick up some new dirt for my pots.

After changing the soil, I sprinkled some kale, chard, beets, italian parlsey & cilantro seeds.

Of course, my style of "farming" is just throw the seeds in the ground, if it grows, it grows.

I didn't sprinkle the same seeds together either, it was all "chop suey" (mixed up).

So, I was surprised that something is coming up.

I think these are the chard (I think this because the stems are reddish...)

Oh and while cleaning some soybeans for dinner, I found one sprouting, so I stuck that into the "ground" too.

Hope to show you more as these plants get bigger.

5 comments:

jalna said...

Awww . . . so cute!

KirkK said...

I love it....so you get a random pot of produce! I don't think I could stand the suspense.

Anonymous said...

I love your style of gardening - chop suey, you grow girl! Me, I cannot get away with that since I have "enemies" to deal with. With or without legs, they be attacking and if I don't know what's been planted, I can't put the proper defense measures to keep them at bay.

K said...

I hope they all grow into something great!

K and S said...

fun, yeah, Kirk?!

eep, hope the "enemies" stay at bay, Rowena!

me too K!

Take care everyone.
Kat