Thursday, May 02, 2013

hamburger onion

I saw this recipe in the Orange Page magazine and thought "I can make this".

I didn't scribble anything down, just did everything by feel.

This was good but I think I need to cook everything a little longer. The middle of the burger & onion were still a bit raw.


Hamburger onion : serves 2

2 round onions
some oil
100 grams hamburger (mixture of ground beef & pork)
some diced onions
some chopped Italian parsley
ground pepper

Peel round onions and cut off the tops and bottoms
Then make a "X" cut into the onion BUT don't cut all the way down.
Drizzle some oil so that it goes down into "X".

Prepare hamburger.
Dice some onions, chop some parsley and grind some pepper.
Mix hamburger well.

Split hamburger into two portions and top each onion.

Cover with foil and bake at 180C (350F) for 40 minutes.

Take off foil and bake for another 10 minutes uncovered.

NOTES: Originally, I had cooked it at 180C (350F) for 30 minutes covered then uncovered at 200C (400F) for 15 minutes. But like I said, the middles were still raw.

I want to try this again.

7 comments:

Rowena said...

Sounds great and sorta reminds me of the reconstructed beef stew with the beef sitting atop the onion like that. Looks delish along with rice and salad.

Kathy YL Chan said...

Ooo this sounds like a good idea...and so cute too ^_^

K and S said...

ooh yeah that beef stew in the onion was good, Rowena :) I should try making that.

Thanks Kathy :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Happy Little Bento said...

What a funny idea! Looks cool sitting on the onion like that.

K and S said...

Thanks Sheri :) I like the fact that it is super easy to make.

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Interesting presentation!

K and S said...

funny huh, K :)

Take care.
Kat