Sunday, December 25, 2011

madame shinco

Recently my friend Hiromi gave us this baum brulee by Madame Shinco.

Madame Shinco is actually a real person, she used to be a hostess at a elite club in Ginza, Tokyo.

Now she is famous selling all sorts of different baum kuchen and other sweets from her shop in Minoo and at various department stores around Osaka and Tokyo.

I've given this particular baum brulee away as gifts, when I want to give someone a taste of "Minoo", though I have not actually tasted it myself.

Look at that sheen.

This was really sweet, the top was a very crackly burnt sugar, delicious.

Not something you would eat everyday though, best to be given away.

Merry Christmas everyone! (Thank you Hiromi!)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry Christmas Kat and Satoshi.

Myra said...

Looks delicious!

Merry Christmas Kat!

-myra

KirkK said...

Merry Christmas!!!

Anonymous said...

How nice! Merry Christmas! Even though Satoshi had to work, I trust you had a nice day.

K and S said...

Merry Christmas Anon!

It was Jalna :)

It was Myra, Merry Christmas!

Merry Christmas Kirk!

I did Paz :) Merry Christmas!

Take care everyone.
Kat

K said...

Yum!

Hope you had a great Christmas!

K and S said...

Thanks I hope your Christmas was a nice one too, K!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

From hostess to having your name put on a box. Now THAT is what I call success. Yummylicious image!

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena, that brulee topping was so sweet but so good :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

It looks decadently sweet and delicious. Hope you had a Merry Christmas. ;-)

K and S said...

definitely something to be given away (or received) Deb :)

Take care.
Kat

Unknown said...

Which department store in Tokyo would have her products? I'm usually in the Shinjuku area.

K and S said...

sorry Tony not too sure where in Tokyo :(

Take care.
Kat