Thursday, November 10, 2011

lanai

Thought I only had one goya this year, but found this one hidden...it was about 6 or 7 inches long.

I made this into a "champuru" with the goya, lup cheong and egg.

This one was really bitter but delicious.

The champuru went nicely with a Bass Pale Ale, an English beer, 5.1% alcohol. A little bitter aftertaste but delicious.

I was reading up on Swiss Chard and Beets and the info mentioned that you could pick the leaves as long as they were 4 to 6 inches long.

So I picked some and wilted them with some spinach that I bought.

We had this with a little dollop of mayo...yum!

The Italian parsley is doing well, I pick some whenever I want to add it to something I'm cooking, especially mushrooms and pasta...mmm!

I noticed this the other day, the mint is half dark green and half light green, I wonder why that is?!

Oh and the bergamot died...had this weird powdery mildew that I read about online...boo!

How is your garden doing?

13 comments:

Liz That Skinny Chick Can Bake said...

That bicolored mint is really lovely. I think all but my toughest herbs have bit the dust...

K and S said...

I hope the rest of your garden will revive in the Spring Lizzy!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Man Kat, your green thumb is getting greener every year!

Japan Australia said...

The champuru with the Pale Ale sounds really good. Aussie Garden is doing well and just planted some Tomatoes, Egg Plants, Red Peppers and Corn recently for summer :)

Japan Australia

jalna said...

So, so cute your garden!

Rowena said...

Love your green thumb successes and especially that goya! Right now I'm keeping a close eye on the persimmons which seem to be doing good, and there is still some work to do in the garden then I'll post later. Oops...better order the tulip bulbs asap.

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, but I think I'm just lucky :)

Your garden sounds like it will be delicious this summer, J-A!

Thanks Jalna :)

Hope you can harvest a lot of persimmons Rowena, I've been seeing a lot in the markets these days.

Take care everyone.
Kat

K said...

Good luck with your garden!

K and S said...

Thanks K!

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Bummer about the bergamot--I wanted to see what you were going to do with it. :-(

K and S said...

I was hoping it would revive, Deb, but so far, nothing :(

Take care.
Kat

Barbara said...

The two coloured mint is fascinating.

K and S said...

I'm still puzzled as to why it is two toned Barbara!

Take care.
Kat