Wednesday, February 23, 2011

easy dinner

Super easy dinner the other night which I based on a dish that we have in Hawaii called kalua pig and cabbage.

Since I had almost half a head of cabbage leftover, I wanted to use it up preferably with an easy recipe.

I thought about kalua pig and cabbage but knew I wouldn't be able to make it unless I made my own kalua pig from scratch, so instead I bought a grilled chicken breast from a yakitori shop in our shopping arcade and chopped it up.

1/2 onion, thinly sliced
about 1/2 head of cabbage, chopped into bite size
1 grilled chicken breast, skin removed and cut into bite siz
pepper

Cook onion and cabbage in a non-stick pan until limp.
Add chicken to re-heat.
Add pepper to taste.
Eat with rice

NOTES: Since the chicken was grilled it had a smoky flavor. This was fast, semi-homemade and delicious.

7 comments:

jalna said...

Looks yummy Kat! I like how the cabbage and onions glisten and I love how you have the little black triangle in the upper left corner of your picture.

Rowena said...

Add a side of ahi poke to that and and ice-cold beer and I'm all polynesian paralysis!

K and S said...

thanks Jalna, I had to spin around my kitchen to get the right lighting :p

ooh yeah poke, will be making that when it warms up a bit Rowena :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

What a great idea when you don't want to mess with making kalua pig nd healthier too. ;-) Looks delicious.

K and S said...

thanks Deb in Hawaii, I'm all about fast and easy when it comes to cooking :)

Take care.
Kat

Japan Australia said...

Look quite good and a quick easy dish to make on a busy week night, A good way to use up cabbage and some leftovers you might have in your kitchen.

K and S said...

really easy J-A :)

Take care.
Kat