Wednesday, December 08, 2010

on a walk

Recently on a walk, I went on a totally new and different route and took some photos along the way.

It started off with this huge dog grooming salon.

And then I ran into this couple sitting in a field of habotan (ornamental kale).

I'm not sure what they were doing, but the sun was already beginning to set and it didn't seem like they were anywhere near finishing.

Many camellia trees in bloom.

White and pink. Beautiful.

A turn here, a slope there and I came upon a martial arts building (which I had no idea we had in our area).

The demon like tile on the front steps was quite intriguing.

Right across the way, a huge baseball field.

Perfectly cared for...but where's the grass??

Beautiful sunset.

8 comments:

Jude said...

Sigh, you get to see some lovely things on your walks, whether in Japan or Hawaii! I love that demon and the couple amongst the kale - like little surprises along the way :) (And of course I love sunsets anytime!)

jalna said...

I enjoyed this walk!

K and S said...

Thanks Jude :)

I'm glad you did Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

K said...

Nice tour! I sometimes like going around to DC metro stops that I don't normally get out at to see if anything's interesting...of course I am only able to do that in the spring summer, I'm a wimp and can't do it in the freezing cold, haha.

Deb in Hawaii said...

I need to take more different routes--amazing what you see. ;-)

K and S said...

LOL K, that is funny, but I like your idea of trying new areas :)

Definitely interesting Debinhawaii, hope you try it :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

The couple sitting in the kale patch...that is priceless! I always like sneaking pics of people in vegetable/fruit plots but they are always facing me. Cute that the doggie sign is in english.

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena, would love to see the people in fruit/veg plots in your area :)

Take care.
Kat