Wednesday, November 10, 2010

pum-pe-app-choc muffins

Another addition to the array of muffins on this blog...I think there are 25 variations..

I had roasted some pumpkin and thought it would be nice in some muffins.

Using my new immersion blender, I whizzed the pumpkin with some apple to make a puree.

Added some spices (cardamom, cinnamon, clove, ginger & nutmeg), a handful of pecans and a handful of 60% chocolate chips.

These muffins are quite dense. I didn't put a lot of oil (1 teaspoon) using the apple as a way to keep things moist.

I also put in a little milk (1 tablespoon).

The amount of pumpkin turned out to be a little too much which probably added to the density.

Still, it was delicious though I think it could have used a little more spice, and I loved the orange color.

13 comments:

Jude said...

So awesome you're putting that immersion blender to use! I love this bright colour too. And I love the name you gave it :) I think I need to start muffin-making soon, it's that kind of weather!

K said...

Haha, love the name! I can't get enough of pumpkin treats this time of year :o)

genkitummy said...

your muffins sound like they have a complex flavor profile! what a great way to use roasted pumpkin!

~TastyTravels~ said...

These muffins sound delicious!!

K and S said...

Thanks Jude, it makes things so much easier now :)

I've seen all the goodies you've been enjoying K, so much pumpkin :)

Thanks Genki :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

K and S said...

Thanks Holly :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Yummmm!

Rowena said...

Kat, you are the muffin mastah! I bet this was very good with tea.

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna :)

Thanks Rowena, it was nice with tea and also nice with coffee :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Oh! This looks good. I love that color, too. ;-)

Paz

K and S said...

Thanks Paz, at this time of year, color is so important :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

You are the queen of the muffins. I am having a craving for banana chocolate chip muffins right now. Hopefully I will get to making them tomorrow. ;-)

K and S said...

Debinhawaii, ooh I haven't made banana chocolate in awhile, may have to buy some bananas :)

Take care.
Kat