Saturday, October 23, 2010

roasted pumpkin, garlic & cauliflower soup

The weather has been overcast, one day it rained. Kinda gloomy.

I'm getting over my cold while Satoshi seems to have caught one.

Soup weather.

The recipe comes from here, but instead of onion, I subbed cauliflower.

I also increased the amount of water and consomme cube to twice the amount.

After roasting some pumpkin and cauliflower, I measured 3 cups of water and used some to whiz the veggies as smooth as my teeny food processor can handle. (I'm still working on getting an immersion blender.)

Then I whizzed some roasted garlic I had in the freezer.

I added two consomme cubes and the leftover of the pre-measured 3 cups water.

Heated it and added some salt and pepper.

Dinner.

Served with some rosemary toasts, this was simple, delicious and hit the spot.

I'm also sending this to Deb, for her Souper Sundays, to see an array of soups (sandwiches and salads too), check out her blog on Sundays for the round-up.

Here are some of my previous entries:
Veggie Miso Soup
Kim Chee Chige
Gazpacho
Chinese Chicken Salad
Chili Soup
Beef and Dark Beer Chili
Tomato Miso Soup
Beef Barley

7 comments:

tinyskillet said...

I think it would be wonderful with the cauliflower in it. What a great soup!

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - Sounds like a good remedy for the weather. It's been strangely rainy and drizzly here as well.

Jude said...

Oh no, hope you guys keep recovering and feel better soon! This looks perfect for fall weather, I love soups anytime! I will have to try this one out soon - thank you for sharing! :)

Lindsay-Jean said...

Sounds delish! And hope you're both feeling like yourselves again soon. I'm not buying that it's soup weather yet for you though :) You have to have warmer weather than I do!

K and S said...

Thanks Lyndsey! It was my first time adding cauliflower, it was a nice choice.

Thanks Kirk, hope your weather gets better in SD :)

Thanks Jude, hope you like it.

Well, the weather during the daytime is probably warmer than where you are Linny ;)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I think the cauliflower is a great addition--perfect for making it thick and creamy. Thanks for joining in SS this week--it is always great to have you. ;-)

K and S said...

can't wait to use my immersion blender Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat