Friday, October 29, 2010

from the lanai #2

The weather has turned really cold, all of a sudden, and then there were the worms, and things that looked like aphids.

I washed the leaves of the bell pepper plant and chili pepper plant with a soapy solution.

I figured that the peppers wouldn't get any bigger because the temperature has dropped, so I picked the two biggest and left the others, secretly hoping they will get bigger.

The chili pepper plant on the other hand, I pruned. I hope when Spring rolls around it will have leaves and not get attacked by the moths or whatever.

Luckily I had half of a red bell pepper in the refrige, to add to the two peppers.

I mixed 150 grams of ground beef with some chopped onion.

Added some Italian seasoning and mixed.

Two dollops of prepared pasta sauce on each dish.

Then I cut up a mozzarella ball into 6 slices and put 3 slices on each dish.

I then baked it in the oven for 20 minutes...200C (400F)

Too bad the bell peppers weren't bigger, though they tasted great.

There is a typhoon approaching, hopefully it will only bring us rain and some wind.

It is Friday here, hope you have a nice weekend.

7 comments:

Jude said...

This looks like a great use of peppers, and I'd love to try! Something about moving into autumn makes me yearn for hearty dishes like this (regardless of where I am!) This looks perfect. :)

Rowena said...

I hope the typhoon doesn't cause too much trouble. We are anticipating lots of rain for this 3-day weekend (Monday is a holiday). I guess we'll be staying indoors!

K and S said...

Me too Jude :) ever since moving to a place with seasons, I love trying different foods.

Me too Rowena, hope you have enough food to keep your family happy over the long weekend :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Jude said...

P.S. Just popped in quickly to say I'd love to see Potiche! The stuff Ozon directs always seems fascinating and different. Hope you're continuing to enjoy the fruits of your lanai labor and gearing up for the weekend! :)

K and S said...

Thanks Jude, I hope to see that movies also :) we are enjoying the cilantro on the lanai!

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Very impressive peppers even if they were small. It's fun to cook with the things you grow isn't it? ;-)

K and S said...

It really is fun Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat