Wednesday, September 01, 2010

honolulu burger co

Got a chance to have lunch with my parents, Satoshi, my Aunty, my cousin, P, from the mainland and her family.

We went to check out the newly opened Honolulu Burger Company.

This shop uses local grass-fed beef and lots of local produce.

We got there early and were lucky that they could accommodate they 8 of us inside.

You can create your own burger or get one of their "Favorites" or "Sandwiches".

From the "Favorites"--I chose the Blue Hawaii--1/3 pound burger with gorgonzola, bacon, Hauula tomatoes and Maui onions. So juicy! and how can you go wrong with gorgonzola, bacon and caramelized onions??

Satoshi also chose from the "Favorites" and ordered the Loco Moco Burger--1/3 pound burger with spam, over-hard egg, bacon and brown gravy.

Satoshi said this was really good and fixed his craving for loco moco.

We also tried an order each of their sweet potato, garlic and homemade fries...all really crispy and tasty.

Parking is shared with Beretania Florist on the side or in front with on-street parking.

They make the burger after you order, so call in your order or prepare to wait awhile.

I'm glad we all got to try it and I would definitely go back. (Thanks for lunch P!)

Honolulu Burger Co.
1295 S. Beretania Street
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.626.5202
Open everyday 10:30-21:00

9 comments:

KirkK said...

Man could I go for a loco moco burger!

Jude said...

Yum yum yum! I was told this place was good & glad you guys weren't disappointed! :)

Anonymous said...

Now I really got to try that place. Sounds so good. If you haven't had a chance yet, you've got to go to Da Kitchen across of the Stadium Park in the front section of the St. Loius Alumni building in the Moi'ilil area.

jalna said...

Wow, both burgers look so ono!

Tamakikat said...

Sounds like you are having a great time with friends, family, and Satoshi!

Mmm. Loco moco might have to be on the lunch menu tomorrow;)

TK

petitechouxx said...

so good!

K and S said...

Kirk, Satoshi's favorite food when he comes home is loco moco :)

I hope you get a chance to try this when you come Jude!

I heard about that place Anon, will put it on my place for next time, thanks! :)

It was Jalna :) If you go, would love to hear about your experience.

Hope you got your loco moco fix TK!

Indeed Petitechouxx!

Take care all!
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

I had heard of this place but have not tried it yet--glad to know it is good! ;-)

K and S said...

If you get a chance to go Debinhawaii, let me know what you think of it :)

Take care.
Kat