Tuesday, May 11, 2010

boulangerie takagi

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I stopped into Boulangerie Takagi, on my way back to Umeda.

This tiny bakery has been on my "to try" list for a couple of years now and I was happy to find the place and check them out.

The bakery is small, in fact, most people just line up and take items as they work their way to the register. There is definitely not enough room to go back and forth to browse.

I picked up two brioche, an organic veg and bacon tartine, pain au chocolat, galette aux abricot & carpione.

Carpione was marinated fish which topped the bread with other veggies and cheese.

Galette aux abricot was an apricot tart with fresh apricot on top.

The brioche was the standard soft, sweet dough.

We had these for breakfast one morning. Satoshi had the carpione and said it was delicious. He loved the fresh veggies on top.

I had the bacon tartine and liked the crispness of the bread underneath.

We halved the galette & pain au chocolat, though Satoshi's half had more chocolate...

Everything looked a bit burnt but was actually just right. The fresh sandwiches and cakes in their refrigerated showcase looked really good, I would definitely try more things from here the next time I'm in the area.

Boulangerie Takagi
1-5-1 Edobori-cho
Nishi, Osaka
Phone: 06.4803.0008
Open 8:00-19:30, Closed Sundays & Mondays

8 comments:

Rowena said...

I love that tiled illustration (would fit perfect in the bottom half of our house!). As always, your bakery scores make me hungry. I'm on a diet (gotta), but at least I can eat with my eyeballs. ^-^

Deb in Hawaii said...

Mmm...you have me craving pastry right now! ;-)

K and S said...

That is one of the best parts of blogging Rowena, eating with my eyes :)

Hope you get something yummy Debinhawaii :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Barbara said...

I could a couple of those right now. I remember the pastry shops in Tokyo being fabulous and wrapped beautifully.

K and S said...

yes Barbara, Japan is all about the wrapping :)

Take care.
Kat

Su-Lin said...

What a beautiful bakery - did they have lots of other buns on offer too?

Jann said...

Oh, I wish I could bite into one of these!

K and S said...

they had a lot of items Su-Lin, I would have loved to buy more :) will try to make my way back there.

Thanks Jann :)

Take care you two.
Kat