Friday, April 16, 2010

amane

Wednesday, Satoshi had the day off.

It was a sunny day, so we did a lot of walking during the day then in the late afternoon I had an appointment.

After my appointment, we met for dinner.

Dinner was great and we were quite full, but upon passing the Hankyu department store, we saw a long line.

I thought it was kinda weird to see the line because they were approaching closing time.

So, we went to check out what the line was for and found this.

Amane's hane-tsuki taiyaki..168 yen (about US$1.68). Hane-tsuki literally means "with wings". This taiyaki has crunchy surroundings.

I think it is about 6 inches long. (Satoshi put his finger next to it for comparison.)

Amane is the name of a shop in Kichijoji, Tokyo. They are apparently in Osaka for a week to introduce their taiyaki to Osaka.

We bought one to share and ate it right outside of the store.

I think the "wings" were a bit too overdone for my liking, probably because it was the end of the day??

When you bite into it the sweet bean paste oozes out, no skimping here.

Hot off the presses this was a great treat.

Amane
1-1-9 Kichijoji hon-cho
Musashino, Tokyo
Phone: 0422.22.3986
Open 11:00-19:00

14 comments:

Avo said...

Mmmm... Taiyaki.
You have a knack for finding new versions I didn't know of foods that make me miss Japan.
I can't get any taiyaki at all here... Maybe I should try putting tsubushian in madeleines... Wouldn't be the same, but still, expats can't be picky.

K said...

Fun! I've never seen taiyaki with edges before, haha.

Kathy YL Chan said...

Ahh! I LOVE taiyaki!! Every time they do the live taiyaki demos in Ala Moana's Shirokiya, I always beg for the piece with the "little extra crisp parts" haha :)

K and S said...

Alesa,
Maybe you could put them into waffles? Though maybe they wouldn't be the same.

Apparently they are the "in" thing now, K :)

Next time you go to Tokyo, you should get one like this Kathy :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

Avo said...

Hmm... That's an interesting idea! Either putting (coked of course) azuki beans in the waffle batter, or simply slathering koshian on top...

I think I'll try both ways and still make some stuffed madeleines some time soon (because the idea sounds yummy, red bean filled madeleine dipped in milk?).
Thanks for the recommendation.

K and S said...

hope one of these ways works for you Alesa :)

Take care.
Kat

Token said...

ahhh~delicious! :D I have a taiyaki-Pan at home, but no time to make them that often :( In the near future I defenitely have to make some taiyaki again! :D

Thanks for sharing! ^_^b

K and S said...

Thanks That's Ron!

Thanks Token, I hope you get a chance to use that pan :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

You always have the best foodie finds. ;-)

K and S said...

aw thanks Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Long food lines always attract me too!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna :) though there are some lines in Japan that are too crazy to stand in line for ;)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

In my mind, this has my name "written" all over it. So lucky you for getting to eat this kind stuff!!!!

K and S said...

Maybe you can find a blacksmith that could make you a mold like this Rowena ;)

Take care.
Kat