Tuesday, December 15, 2009

alberta alberta

Satoshi had to work on Sunday, so I met him in Umeda for dinner.

We met at the Maru Building and had planned to eat at a dining bar, but changed our minds when we saw the photos for Alberta Alberta in the lobby.

This restaurant is actually part of a chain and apparently makes Napoli style food.

I started off with a glass of red sangria 500 yen (about US$5). Kind of sweet, I think this would be great during summer. Satoshi had a beer 600 yen (about US$6).

We ordered the mixed salad 750 yen (about US$7.50). This was good with roasted vegetables like kabocha (pumpkin), red/yellow pepper & eggplant. I thought the scoop of potato salad was unnecessary on top.

Next, we had the pescatore with tomato sauce 1850 yen (about US$18.50). You could order it Napoli style, which was an oil sauce, but we chose the tomato sauce. We were surprised at how generous they were with the seafood, though I didn't appreciate crunching on sand in some places.

At this point, Satoshi ordered a glass of white wine 400 yen (about US$4).

Lastly, we had their pizza pazza (I hope this is how it is spelt) 1550 yen (about US$15.50). It was a Napoli style pizza--half margherita, half quatro fromage (4 cheese). We loved both, I especially liked the quatro fromage, it had lots of gorgonzola on it.

The prices were reasonable, and the portions quite large by Japanese standards, our total bill was 5932 yen (about US$59.32). My only gripe was that they allow smoking, other than that, service was good and their food was delicious.

Alberta Alberta
Maru Building B-302
1-9-20 Umeda
Kita-ku, Osaka
Phone: 06.6346.6341

6 comments:

Rowena said...

Taking in the exchange rate to euros, that sounds really reasonable! How big in diameter was the pizza?

K and S said...

I would say it was about 12 inches or a little larger, Rowena. I think their prices were quite reasonable especially for the portions :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - Sounds like a great meal....except they've got to clean their shellfish a bit better, huh?

K and S said...

That is usually my only fear of shellfish Kirk, the sand :0

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Looks like quite the meal--and doesn't the sand and a bit of fiber or minerals?! ;-)

K and S said...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the minerals Debinhawaii ;)

Take care.
Kat