Sunday, November 08, 2009

very long day...

My flight from Honolulu to Narita left a little earlier than scheduled, which was nice because we got in over 45 minutes early.

There was quite a bit of turbulence though. Lunch was some grey thing they called chicken slathered with teriyaki sauce...I wanna know why they don't have their snack boxes on international flights?

The guy across the aisle from me had a plate of meat jun, fried chicken AND he ate the on-board meal...I shook my head wondering why he would even want to eat the on-board stuff...

I took a couple of bites from my lunch then took out some LU cookies and Lindt truffle. Of course, I was starving afterwards which made the on-board snack, a hot turkey sandwich, the most delicious thing I'd ever eaten...

There were several movies being shown and one was "Julia and Julie", only problem was it was being shown in the opposite direction. I did watch "UP", what a touching story! I actually cried in some places! I also watched "The Ugly Truth", which was a fun "chick-flick".

Luckily, no one was sitting next to me, so I got to stretch out my legs, unlike the 6'4" guy diagonally from me. Actually, I think most guys were squished and uncomfortable during the flight.

Immigration in Narita was fast, they have a special line for "re-entry", meaning foreigners with Japan visas. Not like Kansai, which puts the "re-entry" with the "foreigners".

Then I had to wait for my connecting flight. I tried to get onto an earlier one, but they were all full.

I must say though, JAL's business class seats are awesome, you can almost lie flat!

It was a long day, not as cold as I expected.

Satoshi has proven that he has no green thumb (yes, all the plants are dying!) It is nice to be back, but I think I need the next week to clean the house...

Hope you have a nice week.

16 comments:

Kim said...

Welcome back home, Kat! Glad you made it back safe. :)

Dennis K. said...

Welcome home!

gtrine said...

Welcome home! I am jealous you flew business class! I only ever fly economy =( hehehehe

Looking forward to your other homecoming posts. Get some rest!

Deb in Hawaii said...

Glad you made it home safe and sound--that is a really long day. Lucky you had some chocolate to help get you through it. ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Pocky :)

Thanks Dennis :)

Business class was only from Narita to Osaka, Gtrine, it was the best hour!

Chocolate makes the world a better place Debinhawaii ;)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Parisbreakfasts said...

Airlines ain't fun these days unless you fly upscale. I always bring my own food-so much better than any horror they can dream up. It's better not to sleep on a plane either...better to walk around and stretch etc.
Oh well no one has figured it out at this point how to make it a pleasurable experience in economy that I know of. Maybe you could have been "crafting" your beads?
That really makes the time fly!
:)

Tamakikat said...

Welcome back Kat!

Glad the weather was so nice for your return.

TK

K and S said...

Nah PB, those beads are WAAAY too tiny to do on a plane ride. I really should try to bring my own foods. :)

Thanks TK, I'm glad it wasn't rainy like the last time I came back from Hawaii.

Take care you two.
Kat

Unknown said...

Kat glad you had a safe and somewhat comfortable trip back home.
That is definitely one thing I HATE about going to Japan is the loooong flight! I totally love Japan but man that flight BITES!! I barely survive the west coast flights.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe Satoshi didn't water your plants or clean up for your return! Naughty man. I guess he's just happy you're back!

Gwynn said...

The only way I've avoided cleaning the house when I get home from a vacation or whatever is that you HAVE to take the partner WITH you on the get-away. *L* How lucky you are to go back home frequently for a visit.

K and S said...

Thanks Kyle :)

Oh he watered them Momiji, just too much :(

I am thankful that he washed his own clothes Gwynn :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Joshua Zimmerman said...

As a six foot two sized person I dread any long plane flight. The 12 hour flight from Chicago to Narita nearly killed my knees last time. The only way I can handle it is by sleeping the entire time.

K and S said...

Just be careful of "economy class syndrome" (deep vein thrombosis) Joshua, it is best to at least walk around a bit during the flight.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Welcome back...and I hope the next few days won't require that you need another vacation!!

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena, I think it will take me a couple of days to get back into the groove...

Take care.
Kat