Monday, August 25, 2008

my new friend

I'm not sure how we got to be e-mail friends. (sorry!)

We e-mail each other quite often and she often gives me links to interesting pages that she finds.

One day she mentioned that she wanted to find some Hello Kitty musubi molds and the die-cut punches for nori (seaweed) for the Hello Kitty and friends faces.

I went out to the closest Sanrio store and found the molds, but couldn't find the die-cut punches. What I did come across were some sheets of nori that were pre-cut with the faces. I picked that up instead.

I sent them to her and she loved them.

My new friend Shar is very crafty.

As thanks for the molds, she sent me some of her creations. A cute tee and tote bag, along with a baking pan and poke mix.

She has a link if you are interested purchasing a durable tote bag. She handpaints each creation. Shar says to get your orders in soon because she'll be overwhelmed by Christmas and she has many craft fairs to attend during the Fall.

Thank you Shar! I hope to meet you the next time I'm home.

UPDATE: the link mentioned above did not work as of 2011, so I disconnected it.

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat, Wow that is so sweet of you :)

Thank you again for being my email buddy and hello kitty musubi mold finder :)

Oh yes...I think it was the post on your favorite ice cream flavors that started it all...jamoca almond fudge and rocky road :)

Gotta figure out where we are going to eat when you come home !

alohas
shar :)

K and S said...

Thanks Shar, I am so bad about remembering stuff!

Okay, that is your homework, to look for somewhere we can eat :)

Take care.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

Ahhh it's Shar!! (waves, "Hii Shar!" ^_^ She's my favourite email buddy from back home! What a small world :)

K and S said...

It is trippy that Hawaii is so small, but the blogosphere too?? Unreal, Kathy!!

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Cute bag and tee--crafty friends are the best!

K and S said...

Thanks Deb, all friends are the best, crafty or not :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Hello Kitty musubi molds?!? The things that you can find these days, that is too cute.

Kat you amaze me at keeping up with email, postcards, blogging, cooking, beading (I presume you are still doing that) and running around exploring. Three days a week is plenty enough for me...my brains get tired. :(

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena :) I try to keep myself as busy as possible.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hey - It's Shar!!! Wave-wave-wave.... Do they make anything that's not "Hello Kitty" themed??? ;O)

K and S said...

They actually have HK kitchen gadgets and appliances too, Kirkk :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Those are super cute designs! I'll keep an eye out for it at this season's craft fairs. :)

Anonymous said...

hi kat, Just wanted to give a shout out too all my favorite bloggers ! My buddies Kat(thats you ) haha... Kathy, and kirk..whats with all the K's :)

Waving right back at you guys !

so WHO doesnt like Kitty ? haha

meow !

take care everyone

aloha
shar :)

K and S said...

I hope you find her at the craft fairs, Lori :)

Take care.
Kat