Saturday, July 26, 2008

sigh....yeah!

So, I'm trying to lessen our clutter. On the other hand, Satoshi isn't...

You may remember this post, or not.

On a recent trip to my MIL's, my BIL found these baseball cards while throwing some other things away. These were from Calbee in the 70's, I couldn't believe they ate this many chips!

There were stacks and stacks of cards. Not all were from Calbee though, some were from Nippon Ham (a Japanese ham/sausage maker like Oscar Myer except no bologna) and some from a baseball magazine.

Satoshi was so happy that his brother kept them for him to see.

When I asked to see them, I was strictly told NOT to mix the order...geez!

As he stashed them away in a cupboard, he smiled, "I have lots of treasures."

Though I was happy he was able to re-connect with these, this is how I heard his statement ....."now we have more clutter".

UPDATE: it turns out that MIL will finally pay the restaurant for the 49 day service. Apparently it was all misunderstanding between us, the funeral home and the restaurant. What the funeral home told us, what the funeral home told the restaurant and what the restaurant told us were all different. (actually, I don't think it really was the funeral home's fault and think the whole mess should be blamed on the restaurant).

The restaurant told us that if we "needed" them to serve the food, we should have asked to have some servers added. They said that the funeral home was aware of these conditions. And that they didn't receive an order from the funeral home for beer and tea. Anyway, MIL didn't pay the full amount of the bill. She gave herself a 20% discount and paid that amount instead....I didn't think she should have paid the amount she did, but I give her credit for doing what she did! Way to go, MIL!

6 comments:

Tamakikat said...

Hi there.

I was thinking those cards looked cool myself...dangerous:) I wonder what they'd go for on Yahoo?

If you want to offload English books in my direction let me know.

Your MIL sounds like she's got it going on.

Enjoy the weekend.

TK

K and S said...

I'll let you know the next time I have some English books, Tamakikat.

Take care.
Kat

Jenster said...

I wonder if your MIL can recoup some of her costs from the funeral home, since they were partially to blame for the misunderstanding?

Those baseball cards are way cool-looking, but I know what you mean about clutter. My kids are both pack-rats and I'm constantly trying to organize (or throw out) their things.

K and S said...

Actually she doesn't blame the funeral home, Jenster, they were kind enough to help her make all the different arrangements after the funeral. I think she is happy with "her discount".

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I'm glad things kinda got settle out for that restaurant fiasco!

And about that bunny image...heeheehee...I am such a wascal wabbit!!!! ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena and yes, you are very wascal!

Take care.
Kat