Wednesday, April 23, 2008

meme and a birthday

First off, it is Satoshi's grandma's birthday today...she is 100. Every year the cyclamen that we had bought for her blooms and to me, seems to be getting fuller and fuller every year.

I posted about this plant awhile back, you can read about it here. (Happy Birthday, Hikone Grandma!)

Now for the meme....Ilingc of Feed me! I'm Hungry! tagged me for a meme, similar to one I did awhile back, but I'm still game to play...here goes.

10 years ago... I was working at a tour agency, looking to find a way out, I think this maybe the time I applied at the C.I.A. and F.B.I.

1 year ago... I was exploring Kyoto on a foodie adventure.

5 favorite snacks
1. chocolate
2. arare (rice crackers)
3. potato chips (kettle style)
4. popcorn
5. nuts (preferably almonds)

5 things I would do if I were a millionaire
1. buy a house, with a large kitchen, lots of counter space and an island in the middle.
2. renovate my mom's kitchen
3. let Satoshi quit his job, and get a job that he would want to do "for fun"
4. travel for most part of the year
5. donate money to cancer research

5 bad habits
1. eat after 20:00
2. nap after I eat
3. buy cookbooks and books on food
4. stay on the internet for hours
5. be lazy & stubborn (it was a tie)

5 things you like doing
1. laundry on sunny days
2. walking different routes to the supermarket
3. eating out
4. trying new recipes
5. taking photos of flowers and food

5 things you would never wear again
1. chawan bowl style hair cut
2. blue or purple eye shadow
3. orthodontic braces
4. pantyhose
5. waterproof mascara (I always get raccoon eyes when I do)

5 favorite toys
1. 2 screen television
2. steamer basket
3. citrus zester
4. food processor
5. ice cream maker (haven't used it yet, but I know it will become a favorite)

I would tag 5 people, but I think this meme has made its rounds...if you'd like to participate, consider yourself tagged!

Thanks Ilingc!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thing you would never wear again...chawan bowl style hair cut. That's so funny!! I forgot about those! :)

K and S said...

Glad to have made you smile, Lori!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - I think those 5 bad habits are virtues...or at least that's what I tell myself! ;o)

Jenny said...

OH no...Kat, did you get my first comment? It may have been lost! The internet here in Arizona is not so good. Hope you're doing well!

K and S said...

thank you Kirkk :) will have to change my thinking!

oh no, Jenny, didn't get it...must be lost in cyberspace.

take care you two.
kat

Rowena said...

I just find it awesome that Satoshi's grandma turned 100! Would have loved to see the type of celebration, if any, especially if she had a cake with all those candles!

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena, I would have loved to seen a cake with that many candles too :)

Take care.
Kat

La Tartine Gourmande said...

wow, 100 years of age. This is wonderful! Happy birthday to her!

K and S said...

Thank you Bea!

Take care.
Kat

SteamyKitchen said...

I love my ice cream maker too! Email me if you want a Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream that's super easy!! Or maybe you can help me test a Thai Coffee Ice Cream recipe that I'm developing!

Parisbreakfasts said...

100 years old!
How perfect the beautiful cyclamen!

K and S said...

Thanks Steamy!

Thanks PB!

Take care you two.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday to S's grandma! Wonderful!

I enjoyed reading your meme responses. I like the first thing you'd do if you were a millionaire. I'd do the same thing too -- a big kitchen. ;-)

Paz

K and S said...

thank you Paz!

Take care.
Kat