Friday, April 18, 2008

friday

The weather has been quite rainy and cold the past couple of days. Where is Spring?

Last Friday's breakfast was a re-run of Wednesday's...omlette with pizza sauce, cranberry-lavender bread with cream cheese, an orange and coffee.

Since I had to be at home to wait for a delivery in the morning (between 9:00-12:00), I picked up this curry hot dog (hot dog in a bun topped with some curry) and a soy bean salad for lunch, the day before.

Then in the afternoon, I had another delivery coming between 14:00-16:00, so I ran out after my morning delivery arrived to pick up ingredients for dinner.

Dinner was stuffed bell peppers.

Cut bell peppers in half, mix 100g of beef with some onions, italian seasoning and 1 egg. Fill each pepper with some of the meat filling. Bake at 180C(350F) for 30 minutes. Top with pre-made pasta sauce and bake for another 10 minutes. (The bell peppers in Japan are REALLY tiny, this is why I don't use a lot of beef.)

Salad was wilted spinach and grated carrots topped with lemon-oregano vinaigrette.

Hope you have a great weekend!

8 comments:

Mama Mia said...

I love your blog! I added a link on my blog so that others can come & visit! I will be coming to check often. Thanks for sharing~!

K and S said...

Thank you Lina! I'm glad you are enjoying this blog. I'm having fun blogging :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Yeah, where is spring?!? At least the color in your food is a gentle (and tasty) reminder. ;-) We're looking at another ugly Sat/Sun..I think I'll follow your lead and turn it into a foodie kind of weekend.

K and S said...

Foodie weekends sound like the way to go this weekend here too, Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi kat,
Those stuffed peppers look really tasty and simple. Next time I see nice bell peppers at the market I'll be making that!

K and S said...

They were really simple, Lori, I hope you get a chance to make them soon :)

Take care.
Kat

Parisbreakfasts said...

"wilted spinach" is that slightly cooked or par-boiled?
I'm loving your recipes Kat!

K and S said...

After washing the spinach, I put it into a non-stick pan and "cook" until all wilted, PB :) I guess it is kind of steamed...

Take care.
Kat