Monday, February 18, 2008

meme

Recently, Paz of The Cooking Adventures of Paz, tagged me for a meme. For this meme, I have to tell 5 things about myself, so here goes.

1. I once applied for the C.I.A. (Central Intelligence Agency) and got a chance to interview. The reason I didn't move forward with the process was because I found out what they were looking for in applicants and didn't think that the job was for me.

2. I also once applied for the F.B.I. and got a chance to take their examination. Boy, I never knew that they had to know so much, like if a missle was launched from a jet going at y-speed how long it would take to hit the target going at x-speed, or something like that! Needless to say, I failed miserably since word problems or math are not my strengths.

3. Part of the exam for the F.B.I. was that you needed to run 2 miles in so many minutes...so, this started me jogging...Which led me to run in the 1998 Honolulu Marathon. I say run, but actually walked half of it.

4. Since I don't like speaking in front of a group of people, I applied at Lion Coffee to work part-time as a demonstrator to overcome my fears.

5. In college, I worked for a rent-a-car agency and would drive rental cars from the airport to various Waikiki hotels. It was a great experience and now I can drive just about any car, stick shift or automatic.

Thanks Paz, for tagging me. I had fun! I think this meme has gone around, so if you'd like to participate, consider yourself tagged!

11 comments:

Rowena said...

Awww...too bad the CIA didn't work out. I like the sound of it--Kat from the CIA! Hope you're having a great Pres-day weekend!

Anonymous said...

Oh, my! All very interesting... impressive! Wow! Thanks for playing and have a great week.

Paz (who doesn't know how to drive)

K and S said...

he he, thanks Rowena!

thanks for including me, Paz :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Chibog in Chief said...

i had been tagged too on this 5 meme :-)

thanks for sharing this info about you, now i have more or less a better picture of you James Bond Girl ;-)

K and S said...

Thanks Dhanggit :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - I really enjoyed this! FBI and CIA??? Remind me never to mess with you! ;o)

K and S said...

ha ha, thanks Kirkk.

Take care.
Kat

Brilynn said...

It's always interesting to hear what other people considered doing with their lives before going in a different direction, thanks for sharing!

K and S said...

Thanks Brilynn!

Take care.
Kat

Unknown said...

Hey dear, that was a very amusing and very interesting meme :) I enjoyed reading through your posts :)

K and S said...

Glad you had fun, RV!

Take care.
Kat