Thursday, December 20, 2007

torrone

I think I told you that I like nougat. So, when I ran into this box made by Luigi D'Amico at the gourmet supermarket, I had to get it. I couldn't read the label, it was in Italian, but could pick out the words for nougat, chocolate and what I thought said nuts. So, I knew the combination had to be a winner.

And I was right. A thick chocolate nougat filled with whole hazelnuts! Rich enough to make you think you are eating fudge, but chewier. A thin wafer on the side so that you can grab it without getting your fingers messy. Soft enough but not sticky as to stick to your teeth.

If it weren't so expensive, I think I'd buy all the other flavors they had.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! That rich, huh? Sounds and looks good. Enjoy!

Paz

lina said...

I love nougat too!

K and S said...

Thanks Paz & Lina!

Take care you two.
Kat

Thistlemoon said...

Torrone is HUGE for Italians at Christmas! My grandfather used to always get the white ones with almonds and they came in their own individual boxes. Yum!

K and S said...

Wow, Jenndz, individual boxes, that is so wonderful!

Take care.
Kat

Jann said...

One of my favorites-think this is a cousin of the candy I wrote about a few posts back......wow, is this stuff habit forming!

K and S said...

I think you may be right Jann! This is definitely habit forming!

Take care.
Kat