Saturday, December 29, 2007

keeping warm 2

It has gotten quite cool these days. How are you keeping warm?

We've been drinking Hawaiian Vanilla Company's coffee and tea. Vanilla flavored A dark roast coffee flavored with Hawaiian Vanilla extract.

The tea is made by Harney & Sons and flavored with their Hawaiian vanilla extract. Both are very comforting.

Venchi dark cocoa. Starts off a little sweet and ends with a bitter taste.

Lupicia's Jardin Sauvage. A green rooibos tea flavored with mango and citrus. Very nice in the afternoon.

Alaska's Wild Teas. Non-caffeinated and delicious.

Betjeman & Barton's Eden Rose...blah! too perfumy for my liking.

Ibarra's mexican chocolate. Not too chocolatey and way too sweet for me.

There was tea au lait. I've had this in cafes around here, they brew tea and put steamed milk with the crema on top. You can add your own sugar or drink it as is.

Poulain's Grand Arome, I received this from Bourgogne a while back but finally got around to making it, though I didn't know how to make it, from what I could get translated I somehow made a cup. This really reminded me of Ovaltine, a drink I loved as a kid.

But there haven't only been beverages, there has also been warm, spicy kimchee ramen from one of our favorite places, Hanamichi.

Peck's is a famous grocer in Milano. They have a counter at different department stores around Japan. We received this Pannetone flavored tea. Citrus bits and spices, delicious.

And lastly, a lot of Kusmi teas--Kashmir Chai, Prince Vladimir and St Petersberg--all have different spices in them and are very comforting on a cold day.

They are predicting some flurries in the next couple of days...I can't wait!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would like to drink all of these. Especially on a cold day.

Paz

Anonymous said...

Oh YUMMERS!
But no hot chocolate?
Can it be?

K and S said...

I hope you get a chance to try some of these Paz!

We had some hot chocolate, PB, the Venchi one :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Chef Jeena said...

Wow so many lovely tea to drink. I love herbal teas I would be stuck for choice here. :-)

K and S said...

Not many of these are herbal, Jeena, but I hope you'll enjoy them :)

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Woah, that's a LOT of tea!

K and S said...

he he I think I drink about 3 cups a day, Ellie!

Take care.
Kat

bourgogne said...

ha! i actually was going to send you some unsweetened baking chocolate from holland but grabbed the wrong box! my sweetie was looking for his poulain... :D

K and S said...

gosh, Bourgogne, I hope he wasn't trying to make hot chocolate from the baking chocolate...thanks again for all the goodies!

Take care.
Kat

IamJacksBrain said...

Try cutting the rose tea with a good oolong or black tea. You might be surprised how good it tastes in something else when it's an accent instead of the main flavor.

K and S said...

Thanks IAJB, the tea is originally black with rose flavoring, so maybe I need to cut it with an oolong. I'll give it a try. Thanks for your tip.

Take care.
Kat