Wednesday, December 26, 2007

chai scones

Yesterday, I forgot to thank all our friends and family for their cards, letters and gifts. We always look forward to the cards, especially the ones with the photos and enjoy the letters. We also appreciate the thoughtfulness of the gifts. It is especially this time of year when we wish we were closer to family and friends. (Thank you!!)

Now back to the post...I love chai and I love scones. So, I tried putting the two together yesterday. I used this recipe for chai but only used the measurements for the spices and 3/4 teaspoons of finely ground black tea (not brewed) and this recipe for the scones.

It came out delicious. We ate them plain. I don't think they would match with jam, but if you need to put something on them, maybe some clotted cream would be nice.

We hope Santa brought everything you wished for!

4 comments:

Jann said...

Those are really puffy scones-they look delicious and perfect.....i would definately smother them in clotted cream! Happy Holidays to you!

K and S said...

Thanks Jann! I hope Santa brought what you wished for.

Take care.
Kat

2kamuela47 said...

Yummy! Two of my favorite things Chai and Scones :o) Hope your Holiday season is a good one. I'm off to the Big Easy! Praying for a safe and fun filled journey. Take care and God Bless, Laura.

K and S said...

I hope you try this Laura it is easy and delicious! Have fun in the Big Easy, hope Hawaii wins!

Take care and have a great 2008!
Kat