Saturday, September 15, 2007

brilynn's popcorn

Last month I wrote about popping popcorn and Brilynn wrote her favorite way to eat popcorn in the comments section.

The other night while watching baseball, I wanted something to munch on, so I tried her combination of spices. Since she didn't give any measurements, I made them up.

1 teaspoon sugar
3/8 teaspoon cumin
2/8 teaspoon paprika
3 grinds pepper
10 shakes salt

1/4 cup popcorn (unpopped)
1 to 2 tablespoon olive oil

Mix spices and sugar up well and after popcorn is popped, sprinkle the mixture onto the popcorn, put the lid back onto the pan and shake. As soon as the sugar and spices hit the pan it should caramelize onto the popcorn.

I love the sweetness from the sugar and mixed with the spices, it is out of this world! Thanks for the tip Brilynn!

10 comments:

SteamyKitchen said...

yum! i love cumin. I'll have to try this.

have you tried furikake on popcorn?

K and S said...

Yes, Jaden, furikake on popcorn is the best! In Hawaii, we also add some arare (rice crackers) too!

Take care and thanks for stopping by.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

oooh paprika + popcorn sounds like a good combo!! I like how you used olive oil instead of butter...will give this a try as soon as we get our kitchen in shape! :)

K and S said...

I hope you try it and let me know how you like it, Kathy.

Take care and I hope your kitchen comes together soon.

Kat

Brilynn said...

I'm glad you tried and liked it! And I never actually measure the spices so it always ends up a little different each time.

K and S said...

Thank you! for introducing me to it, Brilynn. It was great! I can't wait to have it again.

Take care and thanks for stopping by!
Kat

Anonymous said...

Thanks for posting a recipe for that topping - sounds good!

K and S said...

Hi Su-lin,
I hope you give it a try!

Thanks for stopping by and take care.
Kat

Arianna said...

2.25 am.
Damn this post..now I want some pop corn!!!
I'm gonna wake up the whole family while cooking it!!! XD
おいしそうです~!

K and S said...

lol Arianna, hope you liked it :)

Take care.
kat