Thursday, May 17, 2007

nu daifuku

If you've been reading this blog, you'll know that I've been kind of crazed with making mochi (rice cakes). Last week, I made ichigodaifuku, and yomogi mochi.

Well, the western style mochi that I wanted to try is nutella daifuku or nu (new) daifuku (get it?).

Anyway, it was my first time to open a bottle of nutella (what?!) and to try it. Talk about heavenly stuff! (Why haven't I bought this before?) It is so creamy!

Only problem was trying to stuff mochi with it. It is a bit too runny. In the past, I've put peanut butter into these mochi (you HAVE to try this version also!) and also a peanut butter chocolate spread (remember Jif's chocolate silk?) both are, as Rachel Ray would say, "yum-o"!

So, the oozy nutella wouldn't stay in the mochi...it still tasted great!

One question I have though, the bottle says "do not refrigerate", the weather here is getting warm, will it be alright for it to stay out?

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

my eyes shot wide open when i saw your post with nutella and mochi. it's nipponitalicious! -bourgogne

K and S said...

he he :) thanks Bourgogne!

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

Kat

Cass said...

We always left our Nutella out over Australian summers, so it should be ok. But I think the warning is just to make the Nutella easier to spread. You could always just take it out of the fridge a few hours before you want to use it.

Looks delicious by the way :)

K and S said...

Thanks for the advice Cass, really appreciate it.

Take care.
Kat

Jann said...

I love nutella-I just slap it on my hips!

K and S said...

I think this is where my nutella may go too, Jann.

Take care.
Kat

Piccola said...

i keep my nutella in the fridge. perhaps, you could try making the nu mochi with the hardened nutella, it might be easier to shape in your mochi.

K and S said...

You are probably right, Piccola. I may give this another try with hardened nutella :)

Take care.
Kat

Journal Actif said...

We keep our nutella out of the fridge wigh no problem, summer is really hot here too.
I slather nutella on hips and tummy too, liberally. It seems to work as an antidepressant when I feel down. :-))
This sounds absolutely delicious.

K and S said...

Thanks for the tip, Zoubida. I think I will keep it in the refrig. Our summers are pretty awful here.

Take care.
Kat

Brilynn said...

You definitely waited way to long to try nutella! Glad you've discovered it now.

K and S said...

Gosh, I know, Brilynn! I'm glad I've tried it now too :)

Take care.
kat

The Lone Beader® said...

They sell Nutella here in the States, but for some reason, I never tried it until I went to Germany to visit BeadExplorer! LOL. And, when I returned home, I bought it at the supermarket.

K and S said...

Hi Lone Beader,
I hadn't ever tried Nutella until I saw all the delicious things on other people's blogs.

Take care.
Kat