Wednesday, May 30, 2007

carrot salad

After hearing about a carrot salad on Bea's blog, I googled a recipe from Orangette. The salad is very simple and apparently can be found in many French bistros. Here is the post with the recipe on Orangette.

The dressing for the carrots is so light and simple that it brings out the natural sweetness of the carrots. I didn't have a julienne blade for my food processor, so I ended up shredding the carrots. Also I added a couple of grinds of pepper and didn't add the garlic. (Since Satoshi is in sales, he is conscientious of his breath, so I try not to make foods with garlic in them on weekdays.) I think I'll be making this often this summer!

5 comments:

Jann said...

It looks delicious and so colorful~you can't help but not eat this!

K and S said...

Please try it Jann, it is really easy to make and delicious!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

oh yes yes! Love this, as you know. I will post another recipe soon, and you will be able to taste this new one I played with. Carrot salad is endlessly good. I confess, I can really eat it every day! ;-)

Darlaing said...

oh cool! I've never heard of this before! Thanks for being a loyal reader of my blog even when I've been spotty with posts! I'm hoping to be more present in the food blog world from now on.

Have a good day Kat!

K and S said...

Ooh a new recipe, can't wait Bea! I think I could eat this everyday too :)

Looking forward to more of your posts, Darla! Your writing is always so captivating!

Take care you two.
Kat