Friday, March 02, 2007

yummy's

On my last trip home, I helped my mom's church with selling tsukemono (pickles) in their booth for the Taste of Hongwanji.

Since this year's event is coming up in April, I helped them today to make the tsukemono.

We started at 7:30am with 300 lbs of daikon(long white radish) to peel and chop. There were about 20 of us and with everyone busy, we were able to finish by about 10:00am.

Afterwards, mom and I picked up lunch--She chose Chinese.

And I got a plate of bi bim kook soo from Yummy's--cold spicy noodles topped with different types of namul (pickled veggies) and some barbecued beef....only US$6.80, it was really tasty and filling.

I think I need a nap now...

Yummy's
850 Kamehameha Hwy.
Pearl City
Phone: 808.455.3288

6 comments:

Jann said...

That would be one great looking lunch....and reasonable!

K and S said...

Lots of veggies, noodles...and very reasonable, Jann!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Wow that's great Kat. 300 pounds of daikon...I can't even imagine how many that would be!

K and S said...

I think it was about 3 or 4 pineapple boxes, Rowena.

Take care.
Kat

bourgogne said...

that's LOT of daikon. mmmm love those pickles.

K and S said...

It was a LOT, Bourgogne!

Hope you are enjoying LA!

Take care.
Kat