Friday, March 30, 2007

comforts of home

Well, I've been home for about 3 days and I think Satoshi and I have talked about 15 minutes tops! He is very busy and comes home very late, then goes to work very early...sigh.

Since he didn't need dinner last night, I decided to try something new. I had bought these sardines in olive oil when I was home. I thought it would be good if I roasted them with some veggies, garlic, capers and herbs.

I was right, the aroma from the oven was heavenly and it tasted great.

For dessert, I had a chocolate macadamia drink made by Doutor (a Japanese coffee maker) who teamed up with Hawaiian Host--which I think was Hawaii's first chocolate macadamia nut candy maker. (I found this at the convenience store) Gosh, this tasted just like eating one of their candies! Creamy and nutty. Delish.

Hopefully I can get adjusted to spending a lot of "me" time, though with Blogger being down a lot recently, it is a bit hard. I guess I should start reading all those books and magazines that I brought back with me.

Have a great weekend!

5 comments:

OkiHwn said...

The sardines look good! Got that over here in the commissary too!

Rowena said...

You too having troubles with Blogger? Accch...then it's not only me!

Your brief conversations with Satoshi sounds like me with my husband. He's just so brain-tired when he gets back that the only "person" that I speak with is Maddie...hee hee. ;-)

K and S said...

They are pretty tasty Nate, you should try them.

Ugh, Blogger trouble sucks, Rowena! I guess I should get a dog to talk-story with, but Satoshi is worried he'll lose what attention I give him ;)

Take care you two!
Kat

Transgrade said...

I've been reading through the past two months of your weblog, and...it makes me want to move to Hawaii! The Pacific-Rim fusion going on there is like nothing else on the planet. Your pictures make me hungry.

K and S said...

Thanks so much Derrick! I hope you get a chance to visit Hawaii and get to enjoy all the food there. The real estate market is quite high now, so you might want to re-think moving there :)

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

Kat